Job Opportunity at Pearle Vision in The Mall in Columbia
Posted Fri, Feb 12
Don't take the care of your eyes for granted, trust them to the people who have been caring for eyes since 1961 – Pearle Vision. At every neighborhood Pearle Vision, we believe that from the exam room to the retail floor you deserve genuine EyeCare.
Pearle Vision is also part of an eyewear industry leader, Luxottica. We are experts who know that every appointment begins and ends with trust. It’s how we stay true to Dr. Pearle’s vision of genuine eye care.
The Optician attracts and retains customers by delivering an exceptional customer experience, fostering customer retention, and promoting outstanding associate/doctor satisfaction.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drives profitable store sales by fostering a retail selling culture by practicing NECE and using effective retail sales skills.
- Develops professional business relationships with other Associates and Doctors.
- Fills ophthalmic eyeglass prescriptions and fits and adapts lenses and frames, to include but not limited to the following:
- Utilizing optical prescription, evaluates prescription in conjunction with customer's visual requirements;
- Asking lifestyle questions to determine customer’s vision needs;
- Recommending specific lenses, lens coatings and frames to suit customer needs;
- Assisting customers in the selection of frames and coordination frames with optical measurements and prescription;
- Conducting measurements of bridge and eyesize, temple length, vertex distance, pupilary distance and optical centers using appropriate tools. (where authorized under state licensing requirements);
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Experience and results with a retail or customer service establishment